Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Feeling Hopeful

I've been doing so good these last 4 days, I'm afraid writing is going to slow down my progress. I've controlled my food impulses pretty well, mostly by drinking tons of salty and sweet fluids. That's not saying I still don't eat after meals because despite being full, I will eat a scoop of yogurt or grab a handful of nuts, but I've cut down on sweets significantly. It's not easy, but I've stopped myself from eating ice-cream and chocolate bars, almost disgusted by how sweet it is. I've been eating more protein, which keeps me full unlike healthy fats. I can eat tons of nuts and avocados and still feel hungry afterward, but eating protein keeps me satiated so I'll stick with that for now.

I think I was in a period of mild sugar/fat addiction because I had to eat something carb and fat-laden to reduce my anxiety. But practicing mindfulness--mostly by reminding myself by how flabby by thighs are becoming--is working, and I'm happy.

Can I really go a week, a whole 7 days, without binging? I feel hopeful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment