Saturday, January 4, 2014

So far so good

This morning, I woke up and despite my best attempts at keeping breakfast at 400 calories, I ate 800. I couldn't go without a handful (or three) of raisins, pita chips, and pretzels. But after starting this blog and knowing that people might possibly read it, I didn't go beyond the 1,000 calorie mark. I was quite proud I didn't do that since I had been binging furiously for the past two weeks, so it's a small sort of accomplishment, I suppose.

For lunch, I ate a shitload of vegetables, some fruit, and sneaked in about 6 oz of yogurt. About 400 calories total. The problem is that even though I'm full, I always "round out" my meal with a bite of something else or two. These bites sometimes add on 300-400 calories, and I really need to cut out this behavior. Because it's not about cutting out these calories--I need to regain my sense of satiety and realize that I am actually comfortable. In fact, as I'm typing, I have a pack of sunflower seeds next to me, and I haven't opened them yet. I feel accomplished, but I can still feel that sliver of anxiety pulsing in the back of my mind, my heart.

I just want to end this day on a high note.

I named this blog Inner Food Battle because as cliche as it sounds, every day is a battle. I haven't won the war. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment